Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Not content to read.

Installed ubuntu on my laptop about 2 weeks ago now, after liking the look of it on a friends computer.. needless to say although I managed to keep the master-boot-record intact, I managed to bork something on the windows partition enough that it doesn't boot anymore.

So. I'm living with my ubuntu install (with a couple of games.. World of warcraft and Warcraft 3 still work :-D via Wine) but was getting overly pissed off with the non-ability to write to my old windows partition even thou I could easily copy files out of it.

Went searching over the numerous "edit your fstab" posts and eventually noticed there's an application available via the Package manager, well 2 to be exact, "ntfs-3g" which is the guts of it and "ntfs-config" which puts a link in the application list under system tools.

2 check boxes later and both my USB drive and internal windows partition are now writeable.

Sweet.

No comments: