Thursday, August 2, 2007

Perks of the Job

It started off as a regular support call, some guy asking about latency problems at the hotel he was staying at.

I was away at the time in Perth but saw the email and responded to it post haste asking for more info on his room and if he could call through. I noticed someone leeching torrents on the connection (which is against our terms of use) so I booted em for the heck of it.

Next thing you know I'm sending a couple of emails back and forth to the guy, who's happy to report his latency is great now and thanks me for my help.

I'm interested to see what he's doing (as most people don't even understand what latency is let alone how to measure it) and find out he's actually part of the team creating the game Fury ( www.unleashthefury.com ).

I decided I'd give the Beta test last weekend a shot and Enjoyed it immensely.. responded to another query from him.. and got an email about this: http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/article.asp?CIID=87936

.. and the offer of an invitation.

Normally I would be happy to share gifts around the office.. but seeing as thou its My birthday just before the party and that I only have one ticket.. looks like I'm having some time off next weekend :-D

Just the perks of the job... (see picture)